The Sony Scholarship is awarded to five current Indiana University students, on any IU campus, who have achieved academically and have demonstrated financial need. The application for the Sony Scholarship is due March 29, 2013.
- Sony equipment package including a VAIO PC Notebook and related equipment
- Valued at approximately $1,200
Recipients must meet all of the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 at the time of application
- Demonstrate financial need with a FAFSA on file for the current academic year or explained in a personal statement
- Fully enrolled undergraduate (a minimum of 12 credit hours)
Note: Preference is given to students who enrolled at an Indiana University campus as freshmen and did not transfer from another institution.
How to be Considered for this Award
- Please fill out the Sony Scholarship Application located here. All materials, including the applicant essay and faculty letter of recommendation, must be submitted by March 29, 2013 for consideration. A direct link to the scholarship application, as well as detailed instructions, will be posted on this page, so be sure to visit our site for upcoming Sony Scholarship updates. All eligible applicants will be reviewed by the Sony Scholarship Committee, and selected recipients will be notified by April 12, 2013.
*There will be an award ceremony for the Sony Scholarship on the Bloomington Campus on Friday, April 12, 2013. Attendance is mandatory to receive the Sony equipment package.